Organizing all of your requests is a cinch with Jar. Requests have the following parameters:
You can see (but not edit):
- Requested By
You can change and update:
- Due Date
Additionally, you can also quickly sort requests via tabs on the requests page to see:
- All requests
- Only requests assigned to you
- Unassigned requests
Adding Parameters to Requests
To add parameters to a request, first find and select the request you would like to edit.
This new one just came in, so let's use it as an example.
We'll mark it as "needs review", mark it as property of our "Wardens of Design" team, and assign a due date of 6/30/2017 (since this is just an example, your field values will vary depending on your groups, designers, and tags).
- Unassigned: This is how all requests start off. Once you've assigned a designer, just change this status to "open" (or another status - if appropriate). When this status is selected, the client will see that the request is "received".
- Open: The request is undergoing work. The client will see the status as "in progress".
- Needs Review: Select this if you need to review the request internally. The client sees that the request is "in progress".
- Closed: Select this if all the work is done, and all your completed files are uploaded. Once this status is selected and confirmed, the client will see that the status is "delivered".
- Archived: When a request is "archived", it will be hidden in your requests page. Archived requests are also hidden from client's requests & request history pages. Clients will not be able to see or download the files from archived requests.
Once we've added all of our information, we can hit "Update" to allow the changes to take place.
Now when we're on the main requests page, we'll be able to find this request when searching by parameters.
Searching & Sorting Requests
We can search and sort requests using the same parameters we just entered. For a request to be searchable and sortable, it should be assigned parameters as discussed above.
On the main requests page, you'll see the following fields on the left side of the screen. Here you can select from the drop-down fields to narrow down requests based on your search parameters.
For example, you could select "Open" from status and select a time frame of this Monday to Sunday to see what requests are due this week and still need to be worked on.
Following a Request
On occasion, you’ll want to be in the know on a client request without having it actually assigned to you. We’ve enabled a feature for your team to be able to follow the action of a client’s request and be alerted via email message whenever there’s an update. This should be helpful when encountering sensitive client issues or particularly challenging assignments that need another set of eyes on them.
Following a request is a breeze! You’ll open the request, head to the Request Details in the right panel, and select the team members you’d like to be notified when actions are taken with the request. (Be sure your notification settings allow email alerts!)